Established in 1895 as Kahlenberg Brothers Company, Kahlenberg Industries, Inc. has been continuously family owned and managed since its founding over a century ago.
The original three Kahlenberg brothers, Otto, William, and John, began by constructing small steam engines for marine and stationary work. From this early beginning the company expanded, eventually manufacturing and selling gasoline and diesel marine engines across the globe. During World War II, Kahlenberg was the recipient of the Army-Navy “E” (Excellence) Award as the company worked around the clock for the war effort. Engine manufacturing was discontinued in 1960.
In 1930, in an effort to expand the product line during the Great Depression, William Kahlenberg’s son Roger developed the first Kahlenberg Air Horn. The Kahlenberg Signaling division now manufactures a complete line of horns and sound signaling equipment that covers nearly any Marine, Industrial, Mass Notification or Wide Area Warning application worldwide.
From the beginning marine propellers were supplied with Kahlenberg engines. Specializing in the design and manufacture of commercial workboat propellers, Kahlenberg marine propellers have developed a strong reputation for extreme durability in commercial applications.
Kahlenberg Industries, Inc. is ISO 9001-2008 Certified for the design and manufacture of sound signaling equipment, marine propellers, and manufacture of other custom metal products. These products are certified to ABS, DNVGL, Bureau Veritas, and numerous other classification societies and standards.
Kahlenberg Industries operates from a 45,000 square foot facility, and employs a skilled, dedicated workforce, with the average employee being with the company for over 13 years.